Chelsea Foundation invited more than 160 local schoolchildren into Stamford Bridge for workplace visits to discover about career opportunities within the football industry.
Students from 14 nearby schools met with a range of Chelsea FC and Chelsea Foundation staff to learn about their individual roles and engage in job-related tasks.
This included a valuable insight into the worlds of the venue and hospitality, academy, safeguarding, legal and facilities departments at Chelsea FC.
Stefano D’Errico, senior schools education officer at Chelsea Foundation, said: ‘It has been fantastic to welcome local school children into Stamford Bridge for them to meet Chelsea staff and learn about the wide variety of careers available within a football club and the football industry. This has been a key part of our activity using the power of football to raise young people’s aspirations and awareness of those career opportunities. We look forward to organising more in the future.’
Following the workplace visits:
- 100% of participants found the visits ‘interesting’ or ‘very interesting’
- 98% said they ‘enjoyed’ or ‘really enjoyed’ the opportunity
- 92% have confirmed the session gave them a better insight of jobs available in football
- 80% have said the sessions helped them to define further their future career
- 60% have said they were more interested in a career in football than before the session