Chelsea Football Club Announces New Board Of Directors And Leadership Changes
From the official Chelsea FC website:
Chelsea Football Club today announced a series of appointments to its Board of Directors and other leadership changes.
‘As custodians of Chelsea FC, we now begin executing our long-term vision and plan for the Club, creating an outstanding experience for its passionate, loyal fans, and continuing to challenge for top honours in line with Chelsea FC’s decorated history,’ said Todd Boehly, co-controlling owner of Chelsea FC, and chairman and CEO of Eldridge. ‘Working together, side-by-side, we are firmly committed to winning, both on and off the pitch. For us, that effort has begun.’
‘As the new era of the Boehly-Clearlake ownership begins, we are excited to build a championship organisation and grow Chelsea FC as a global platform,’ said Behdad Eghbali and José E. Feliciano, co-controlling owners of Chelsea FC, and co-founders and managing partners of Clearlake Capital. ‘We look forward to backing Thomas Tuchel, Emma Hayes and their teams, and will provide proactive, unbending support to make Chelsea’s loyal fans and our partners proud.’
Boehly has been named chairman of the board of Chelsea FC effective immediately. Chelsea FC’s other confirmed board members include:
• Behdad Eghbali and José E. Feliciano, co-controlling owners of Chelsea FC, and co-founders and managing partners of Clearlake Capital
• Mark Walter, co-owner of Chelsea FC, co-founder and CEO of Guggenheim Partners, owner of Los Angeles Dodgers, Los Angeles Lakers, and Los Angeles Sparks
• Hansjörg Wyss, co-owner of Chelsea FC, founder of the Wyss Foundation
• Jonathan Goldstein, co-owner of Chelsea FC, co-founder and CEO of Cain International
• Barbara Charone, director and co-founder of MBC PR
• Lord Daniel Finkelstein OBE, columnist and former executive editor of The Times
• James Pade, partner and managing director of Clearlake Capital
The announcement includes the departure of Marina Granovskaia, director of Chelsea FC. Boehly will operate as interim sporting director until the Club names a full-time replacement, continuing the Club’s work towards its targets during the current transfer window. Chelsea FC and Ms. Granovskaia have agreed that she will remain available to Boehly and the Club for the duration of the current transfer window, to the extent required to support the transition.
‘We thank Marina for her many years of excellent service to the Club and wish her all the best in her future ventures,’ added Boehly.
‘Chelsea Supporters Group’ can also be found on Twitter and Facebook