// you’re reading...

All

Chelsea Fans Forum Minutes From First Meeting

The ‘Fans Forum Minutes’ for the meeting held last Saturday before the Swansea game are now available to download here

Discussion

Comments are disallowed for this post.

1. GRRRRR … thought the Fans’ Forum was to represent those that actually went to games rather than those buying shirts in the Hong Kong/Jakarta mega stores. I guess Ron G has been getting loads of ‘friend requests’ from Indonesia on Facebook too 🙂
    Does the Fans’ Forum actually have a constitution? A restatement of objectives at the next meeting might be an idea.

Posted by Ces | September 26, 2011, 10:41 am
    • Just goes to show that Ron and his cronies have completely lost touch with the supporters of this club. Never thought I would miss Peter Kenyon but at least he would listen and act accordingly instead of the current regime that just simply add numbers to make ends meet. More proof if ever it was needed that we are now a ‘Brand’ and not a football club!

Posted by Peter T | September 26, 2011, 11:28 am
  2. Oh and what the f*** is an ‘official email’? (see section of minutes on ticket prices)

Posted by Ces | September 26, 2011, 10:45 am
  3. The thing about CL ticket prices is mystifying. So its better to charge core supporters a silly amount so the club can dump free tickets on people who most likely aren’t Chelse fans? Thanks Ron.

The facebook feed is ok but the responses are just rubbish from foreigners. Its icing on the cake if you can generate money away from you core market. Its just suckers like us that go to matches and subscribe to Chelsea tv that are the core of the club.

The megastores home and way are full of tourists that will drop a couple of hundred quid in one go on one vist.

Mr Gourlay. Fans like me give you several hundreds of pounds every season. Just remember that.

Posted by kennyb | September 26, 2011, 11:30 am
  4. Im starting to really despise foreign Chelsea fans , none support our efforts at decent / fair prices and all tow the offical line .. go support your local team .

Posted by terry | September 26, 2011, 12:43 pm
  5. I agree with Peter T.

Ron Gourlay is just a poor version of Peter Kenyon.

Can anyone come up with anything positive he has done for the fans who actually attend games

Posted by Alan C | September 26, 2011, 1:03 pm
  6. I am one of those ” foreign fans” to which you refer.I,ve been going to Chelsea since 78, was a ST holder from 87 to 96 and now that I live abroad again am lucky if I get to see 2 games a season.Chelsea is now a global team, you really should accept this, would you prefer it how it was in the 80,s?. No matter where in the world I am Chelsea Fc is my local team, there never has nor will be another.I appreciate some of your gripes but you should consider yourself very fortunate indeed to get to see Chelsea so often and perhaps think twice before resorting to petty xenophobia.

Posted by Ben | September 26, 2011, 1:15 pm
  7. Ben,

Have no problem with overseas fans. However, the most the majority of them is ever going to manage is a once in a lifetime trip to Stamford Bridge. They are part of the phenomena that is the global televisation of the PL and, in general, have simpliy picked a team to support for whatever reason.

I’m sure they have become loyal and fanatical suporters. However, they are merely observers and are never likely to contribute to the culture, history and atmosphere of the club we love. How popular will the PL and CL ‘products’ be if teams start playing in empty, atmosphere and colour free stadia?

Of course, the extra revenue they bring in is welcome … shame they weren’t around to contribute to Save the Bridge.

Posted by Ces | September 26, 2011, 2:13 pm
  8. I am not nor never have been ” merely an observer” I was not “merely observing” at Maine Rd in 89 when we won 3-2 and I had to sit with the City fans trying to control myself, nor was i just observing when i had to leg it for my life on several occasions in those days.I was around and know full well who Cabra Estates were,what they wanted to do and still feel that actually being at Chelsea a lot at that time I did my bit in saving the Bridge.
    I do sympathise with the bread and butter week in, week out fans, I was once one of them but it does piss me right off when guys who have probably been to fewer games than myself over the years try to tell me I am “merely an observer”. I,m sure there are some but you should not tar all foreign fans with the same brush.

Posted by Ben | September 26, 2011, 4:20 pm
  9. Don’t be obtuse … obviously you are not one of the people Gourlay has in mind to assist in his plan for world domination. He is looking for a mass market … not a few Chelsea exiles.

And don’t presume that the people complaining about hikes in ticket prices haven’t been going for long … it’s the long standing supporters who are suffering most from this, not the JCLs.

Delighted that we are growing our fan base and turning back the red tide. But it shouldn’t be a matter of either/or

Posted by Ces | September 26, 2011, 6:34 pm
  10. I sit with 5 other s/t holders with over 250 years experience. None of us are attending cl group games this season. I’m sure the club aren’t worried they want to sell duvet covers in Hong Kong. Not an iota of interest anymore in long-term fans! no wonder many hardcore are giving up!

Posted by foss | September 26, 2011, 10:33 pm