Enter our World Book Day short story competition!
From the official Chelsea FC website:
📚 Happy World Book Day! Chelsea Football Club and Junior Blues are celebrating World Book Day today by announcing an exciting short story competition!
This short story competition is open to young fans aged between four and 12.
There will be THREE winners of the competition who will each win:
- An invitation to Chelsea FC’s training ground
- The opportunity to meet a Chelsea FC player, who will read your story
- Plus, £100 of Chelsea Megastore vouchers
On top of this, the judges will choose the best 50 stories to be published in a book, which will be published by Chelsea FC and sent directly to your address for free, if you are selected within the shortlist!
All you need to do to enter is submit your own short story, between 300 to 500 words. The story must feature Chelsea players or our club mascots, Stamford and Bridget, as the main goodies (or baddies!) in your story.
Be quick, the deadline to enter is 12:59 pm on Sunday 12 March 2023.
Our panel of judges will pick the winners based on which stories are the most creative, the funniest and have the best use of Chelsea FC players for club mascots within your storyline.
If you’re looking for inspiration, you can use one of the idea starters below, which will help start your story off…
- Once upon a time, three Chelsea players found a magic ball that led them on an adventure through a world filled with talking animals and candy mountains.
- The Chelsea team had to play a match against a team of dragons, but they soon realised that the dragons just wanted to play football too.
- As they walked through the enchanted forest, the Chelsea players stumbled across a mischievous fairy who loved to play pranks on unsuspecting footballers.
- The Chelsea players had to help a group of friendly trolls defeat an evil giant who had been stealing all their food and treasure.
- One day, the Chelsea players discovered a secret portal that led them to a land where they were the only footballers, and they had to teach the locals how to play the game.
Good luck writing. Let your imagination run wild! 🚀👩🚀👽
‘Chelsea Supporters Group’ can also be found on Twitter and Facebook